Saturday, March 16, 2013


Unsportsmanlike or Celebrating 75 Years of March Madness
I know it's wrong to gloat but I'm insanely happy that the Hoosiers lost their playoff bid to Wisconsin. Those silly IU fans aren't nearly so smug now, are they?

As a side note, uniforms, NCAA. What. the. hell? Michigan looks ridiculous in those screaming yellow getups and since when did gold become one of State's colors? What I fear is gold lame no less. Ohio State has this weird breastplate sort of vee shaped insert at the neck that looks incredibly uncomfortable and scratchy. Did an angry drag queen design these or what? Karl Lagerfield perhaps?

I must say, though, that the long shorts these days are tres sexy compared to those man panties of the 70s and 80s.

And although I'm not an IU fan, I do quite like Butler and Valparaiso. Little schools that could. We went to a show at Butler's planetarium, which is strictly circa 1974 in paneling, but a nice show of the sky and cheap yet unique date, if you're of that mind.

You know you're getting old when the coaches are more attractive to you than the players. (Hello there, Coack K!)

Life Lesson For March 16, 2013
When highly irritated that the first whiff of spring brings you not the sweet smell of newly growing grass from your yard, but the pungent odor of your neighbor's big dog's feces, it is not acceptable to take a shovel and fling said dog feces into the middle of the street. When called on this, it also not acceptable to take a bag of your neighbor's big dog's feces and bring them into the office. For what? DNA testing?

Stickshifts and Safety Belts
I have a 2007 Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg edition. Sooner or later, it's going to start breaking down and costing a small ransom to fix. I've had an ancient boogar green Rabbit, a 1984 Jetta and a 1984 BMW 318i. German cars are wonderful enginereeing creations but crazy expensive to fix. One of the greatest memories of my Dad is when he did a tune-up of my BMW and was literally left slack jawed when he found out the plugs and wires were well over $100 back in 1990. He had encouraged me to buy a used Chevy Cavilier, but I bought the BMW instead and damn, I loved that car. And when I went on vacation, my Dad, who had badmouthed my BMW from the start, after driving me to airport in the BMW, drove my car the entire time I was gone, much to the amusement of many. When I look at cars now, though, there is nothing new I want to drive. I love driving a manual transmission and flappy paddle shifting? Uh no. Unless I could drive one of those bad ass Mercedes Kompressors, which are far off my price range. As a result, I will nurse the Wolfsburg though its daily drives over the Ronald and keep stepping on my clutch.









1 comment:

Judy said...

HELLO!!!!!!!!!
I agree with you on the unnies State HAD to wear!! YUCK!! and gold shoes--are they suppose to look like Mercury? I did not see any wings on those golden sneakers!

Hey--I quite like IU--and Tom Crean. NO ONE in the Big Ten will ever be as arrogant as U of M--with the florescent yellow unnies sox and shoes. Got your blog save again--write--often, PLEASE!!!