Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Sea Change

To say I'm a little excited about the outcome of the election is a vast understatement.

I've never been ashamed to be an American, but I have been disappointed with the direction our country has taken. I felt hopeless, strangled, trapped on the hamster wheel.

What happened to the dreams my parents had for me? My life was supposed to better, more prosperous, with more opportunity, than the opportunites they had.

It didn't work out that way. At my age, I have a lot less than they had when they were ten years younger than I am.

Nothing is going to happen overnight, but we have a start. We have a new leader who inspries me, as I'm sure he does many others. He stressed unity, as in the UNITED States of America.

I'm so hopeful. I'm giddy. I've also been in a bit of a daze today.

Congratulations to Barack Obama, and to all of us, who have a reason to hope again.

2 comments:

Nadine said...

Today has been a bit surreal for me too. I wanted Obama to win from the beginning.

I think the Bush administration caused a lot of depression in the US.

Now it's really okay to dare to dream of better times ahead. It's just taking awhile for it to sink in.

Have the T-shirt said...

"Happy Days are here again!"