Friday, September 12, 2008

More On The New Blog and What's Going On




I tried to send an email to everyone that I was in contact with through my old blog. I'm sure some of you have been wondering what I've been up to.




We are living in Fishers, Indiana, a northeastern suburb of Indianapolis. So far, so good. It's a little churchy here for me, and flat, with no lakes but they are very fond of fountains.




Mia started kindergarten August 11. Yes, I know it's ridiculously early. It's caught me by surprise. Also, the fact that kindergartners are only provided bus pick-up, no drop off, was also a bit of a shock and extremely inconvenient.


We also adopted a new puppy. Her name is Luna (of course I call her Luna Tuna) and she's my first purebred ever. She's a Pomeranian and she's adorable and sweet and a momma's girl, for sure. I vow I will never dress my little dog, or put her in a purse.
Martin is working at a job he is incredibly well-suited to and he's very content. I'm working part time for the Indianapolis Star, blogging Fishers. It's an okay gig, but the forums, which I am required to participate in, are brutal and nasty. I also have to be very circumspect with what I blog about so yes, it's boring.
I'm happy to be writing a personal blog again, a new one. I'm sure I will recycle some things from my old blog. Some of the writing there I thought was very good, and I'll definitely be posting more fiction here, as well. I welcome your feedback.
Back Blogging In The Free World.
Yeah baby!




1 comment:

Have the T-shirt said...

Awww, Luna is sure a cutie!