Thursday, September 25, 2008

So Lonely

For the most part, this move has been good. We have income! I have a job writing! I get paid for writing! Granted, it's a pittance, but it's a paid writing gig.

I'm not homesick for Michigan. I like this area. I am, however, used to having lots of people around that I know. That I have known, forever.

I don't have a lot of friends here. Thank God for Crystal, Marla and Jodie. And The Broads, even though they aren't so geographically close, they can make my day. So do my Find A Death friends. Thank God for my Misfit friends I can chat with anytime and sometimes, they visit! (Love you, Ronni!) Thank you, Al Gore, for inventing the internet.


I'm not bored. I was raised as an only child. I am very capable of amusing myself. It takes a lot to bore me.

I'm just lonely.

I love having dinner parties. We're having one this week-end. I don't do it enough. My friend Marla is next on the list.

I want to go to an adult Halloween party and dress up. We don't know anyone to go to one.

I miss my in-laws. I miss my daily chats with my friend Loretta because I've gotten busy here. I miss knowing the area, knowing the gossip, knowing the players.

I'm happy here. I just get lonely.

3 comments:

Ronni said...

I don't bore easily, either. If all else fails, I can always listen to the voices in my head...

Thanks for having me. It's funny that, whenever I'm at your place, I feel like I'm at home.

As soon as I am off Mrs Thing duty, I'm going to get this place cleaned up so I can have company. All I ask is that you bring Benadryl if you are allergic to cats...

It sounds as if you are working up a circle of friends there. Too bad there aren't any Misfits closer.

Unknown said...

Hi Lisa,

You don't miss Michigan, but we miss you! Glad to hear you're happy (we're all a little lonely).

Kim:)

Unknown said...

I miss you guys, too, Kim. We had such a great group going.