Saturday, May 9, 2009

Suffer The Children

Once in a while, I have to step away from the true crime. Normally, I can distance myself adequately to discuss crimes and research them. Death pictures generally don't bother me.

Lately, however, it seems that the murders of children have been all over the news.

In my world, you don't mess with children, the elderly or animals. They are all innocents. (Side note: yes, I realize some old people are cantankerous and hard to deal with, but they are generally not a threat.)

I've been following the Caylee Anthony case since I first heard she was missing. It's heartbreaking because I truly believe that Caylee's mother threw her away like so much garbage. The Sandra Cantu case is disturbing as well, since it's obvious that the murderer is batshit crazy and there were many red flags.

This one, though, goes beyond breaking my heart. **WARNING** The article contains information that will disturb you and make you want to punch walls.

What more, as a society, do we have to do, to protect our children from their own parents? There are safe haven laws. Adoption is always an option. Friends, family, churches, community organizations, fire departments and police stations, hospitals; any of these place will assist anyone who feels they can't care for their child.

I'm overwhelmed with this one. I don't even know how to articulate the rage and sadness I feel.

2 comments:

Ronni said...

Well, of course Martin thinks it's boring--it has no shenanigans on the High Seas!

I think it's great! Held my attention throughout, and I want to know more! There are a few typos, so proof it a bit before you send it to the publisher...

Have the T-shirt said...

I hadn't heard about this one....how terribly, terribly sad. That poor baby :(